Friday, March 13, 2009

Scrap Quilt......

Yayyyyy, I have finished my first "proper" quilt....this one is a scrap quilt in that I have used pieces I already had for the blocks, I only bought fabric for the backing and sashes, and wadding, so I don't know if it really is a "scrap" quilt. The pattern/instructions came from crazymomquilts ~ flea market fancy quilt. It was my first attempt at a real quilt, and apart from one "crazy" moment and two rows not lining up, I'm really happy with how it has turned out. I didn't get the courage to stipple quilt it, I REALLY want to, but I can't/haven't got the hang of it yet.....I just ditch stitched around each square including the inside square. I made the binding from bits all joined together.

My next challenge will be a coin quilt of some description.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I haven't figured out how to take a decent photo yet.....that too will have to come !

Thank you crazymomquilts ~ you're great inspiration !!

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! the soft pretty colors are so calming! you did a fantastic job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so feminine and gently...

    you inspire me!

    x H

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....Thank you amandajean ~ What a nice surprise having you comment !!!! You've made my day :)

    Oh and Holly you too as always my loyal and special friend !!

    Wheres your attempt Holly ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. still doing the current beginners course. am the unfortunate loser of the class that is often saying "uh oh" under my breath. my log cabin squares are flawless but the others are at times a bit haphazard :-P

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am impressed. I've never done quilting THAT real before !! Looking forward to photos !

    ReplyDelete