Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ava Rose Quilt

I set myself a challenge of "being productive" this week. Its so easy to be stuck in "mummy" mode and only doing the housework and the running around after kids routine ~ and I know how important allllll that is, its just a little depressing at the end of a week when you haven't challenged yourself or produced anything and theres a new pile of washing to put away and another floor to vacuum. Its nice to be able to post a photo and say "look what I made" amongst all the washing, car drop offs/pick ups etc.

Photobucket

This quilt is made from Ava Rose by Tanya Whelan, there are two pieces of fabric in the quilt that don't belong to the range, but I needed to pad it out a little and am really happy with how they fitted in.

Thanks for Crazy Mom Quilts, I am now planning my next quilt ~ after I've made a couple more wonky (extra wonky) stars.

I really want to gather the courage and try stippling but I don't think I'm good enough just yet....

4 comments:

  1. That quilt is just divine! Have found a site that is selling the fabric for $14 a mtr! Yipee. Shall have to stash some!

    x H

    ReplyDelete
  2. where ???? I want some more !!! $22/m nearly killed me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was at a site called catherines place it's aussie too - i thought perhaps it was us$ but nope! proclaimed to be the cheapest in australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay, thanks for sharing Holly ~ I love you even MORE !!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete